Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 18 - Getting There

Can I just say that I am totally loving this 30 Day Challenge that i'm doing! At day 18 I'm just shy of 10lbs down! I'm loving eating oatmeal and fruit for breakfast and a yummy, colourful salad for lunch. There are days when I crave the crap but I find that I'm not HUNGRY all the time. I went into Tim Hortons this morning with my co-workers, normally I would have bought something even if I wasn't hungry but today when I looked at the food NOTHING! No desire to touch the stuff. I'm so excited!! I really feel like this Challenge really is a new way of life for me.

So, I finally went for a run tonight, it's been over a week! I was worried at first that I wouldn't be able to run but "Red" was there to encourage and push me along. The first half was AWESOME!!! I made it to the halfway point and wasn't really tired. I was planning on just walking a moment or two then get back to running, then it hit me! The WORST stitch I have EVER had!! I did the breathing and and tried to push it out but it would NOT go away. Lucky for me, there is a train track part way through our path and there was a train going through so I got to use it as an excuse to walk for a bit. By the time we got to the train track I thought I was ready to run again, but I wasn't. I just couldn't run. I was SOOO disappointed!! (I like exclaimation points) Finally, the darn thing went away and was able to run the rest of the way home. Can't wait for the next run!

1 comment:

  1. you are seriously inspiring!! I hope you achieve all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete