Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1 - Let the Jouney Begin

I'm a curvy girl stuck in a fat girls body, that's how I feel. My whole growing up years, I was teased for my curvy body. I had "back" before J-Lo made it cool and a chest that made my adult friends jealous. I always thought I looked OK but was never really comfortable my body. I definitely had a distorted view of what I looked like and I think I still do.

When I got married at the age of 18, I wore a size 7 dress and weighted around 115-20 lbs. I was curvy and was OK with it. Within 6 months or so I was expecting my daughter and had put on a little weight. By the time my daughter was 6 months old, I was wearing a size 20 dress and weighed close to 200 lbs!!! My little frame was no longer curvy, it was lumpy. Needless to say, my then husband did not like the change and was soon on his way out the door. The first month he was gone, I lost 30 lbs. It was great! I wasn't eating chips everyday and drinking pop, I was on my way back to old me. Unfortunately, the old me was MIA and my weight went up and down for years and now it's right back up to the top.

A few months ago, I heard on the radio that the size of your waist should be no more then half of your height. When I took out the measuring tape and did my measuring I was floored!!! My waist was so much bigger than I thought!! I had to do something about this!! I had to make the changes now. I've had knee problems and difficulty with my joints since I was a teen but all this extra weight is only making it worse.

Alright, so I was all stoked! No more pop, no more crap food, I was going to exercise 3-4 times a week, I was going to get healthy! I lost 10 lbs! Then, life happened. I got busy with a play I was doing, I had no time to work out. I slipped up with the eating and then started making excuse after excuse. The problem is.....I love food and I'm lazy! There, I said it! I can admit it. I was faced with "What to do now?"

The answer came by way of a new business venture and working with a great team! Together, we've developed a 30 day Challenge (http://30daybetatest.blogspot.com) that incorporates healthy eating and exercise. What a great way to test if the challenge is effective and give myself a kick start on the whole lifestyle change thing. So today is my Day 1. Due to my existing health issues, I've had to modify the meal plan portion of the challenge a little but I am so excited to get going!

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to post my weight and inches information, but I will try to be as honest as possible about my progress through this challenge and how I'm dealing with my food addiction.

Food - (So I was pretty sick today and ended up staying home from work. When it came time for lunch, I went with leftovers because I just couldn't look at anything else.)

Breakfast
Oatmeal and Banana

Lunch
1/2 bowl leftover Chicken Pot Pie (not on the plan)

Dinner
Salad with chicken
small bowl of strawberries

Snack
100 cal bag of nuts & cranberries

2 comments:

  1. very motivating!!! good luck with your amazing journey! ;) Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good start! Continue taking baby steps and you will have the body you're seeking after. Just take one bite at a time, one step at a time, and have patience. The weight came on over time and will come off over time. I love the 30-Day Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete